April 08, 2011

Piece of Mind 1

From time to time, I would be posting articles on the issues that are presently on my mind and I'll be calling them "Piece of Mind" (borrowed the title from my brother).
There is no electric power in my neighbourhood presently (I'm living in Nigeria) and we are tired of the noise of the generator so we put it to rest (moreover the breeze is cool and we are enjoying it). The solemn nature of the house got me thinking about one of my close female friends.
I went to the nearest "phone booth" to give her a call (I could not use my phone because I knew it would take time and we had some issues to talk about). We spoke for around 20 minutes, I took a walk, came back home and started typing this piece.
I ask myself, what’s the use of trying to build relationships (whether friendships  or otherwise)? Why go through all the stress of being a good friend? Why is it that girls like the "bad" boys and somehow disappoint those whom put extra efforts to build themselves? Why don't girls like communicating their feelings at the onset instead of waiting till the dying moments to reveal how they full? Is it even necessary relating with people of the opposite sex? Those and other questions are on my mind.
I hope I'm not sounding like an "heart broken toddler whom doesn't have any grip on his emotions". Please, I'm not heart broken and I was not (and I'm not) in any dating relationship. It's just that I couldn't just understand some things and I had to press hard and question her for her to reveal some important things that I should have known since and it was quite disappointing.
Thank God for his Word that says "His divine power has given me all things I need for life and godliness….". I hang on to that word and I know that I have all that I need to be a good friend and when the time comes, a good partner (that should be a very long time). So I'll continue building on myself and make sure that disappointments don't become a trend between my friends and I.

But Seriously…KEEP ON BEING THE BEST FRIEND YOU CAN BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment